Saturday, January 27, 2007

Eating My Words.....

Well I was going through some of my mom's things and found a note that I sent her exactly one year ago today. How weird is that? Here is what I wrote to her on January 27, 2006...

Mom-

Just wanted you to know that I love you and I'm thinking of you. I really believe that you are going to be okay. I so enjoyed having you stay with me and I miss you already. You can come be my roomie anytime! I love you! Jessie


I remember writing the note. She had stayed with me for a week after getting out of the hospital. At that time we didn't know she had cancer and I really thought maybe her pain and illness was from stress. She thought she might be dying.... Oh how wrong I was. Little did I know when I wrote it that not even a month later we would find out it was cancer... Crazy looking back. She probably thought I was an idiot when she read that note. She knew she was really sick...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessie,

Bittersweet memories. Your mom probably smiled when she read your note, finding some hope in your words, even if she "knew" she was really sick.

I seen you left a comment for Beffers. That was nice of you to do. You can relate to what she is going through and I am sure words from people who have already gone through losing a mother means so much to her now.

Hope you are having a wonderful day! :)