Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Quirks

We all have quirks. And I'm starting to realize that I have a lot of my mom's quirks. When I was a kid I thought she was really weird for doing this thing before we would travel. She would always empty all the trash cans. She would do it if we were leaving for an overnight trip or a week long vacation. Whenever I asked her why she would say, "well if I died on the trip I would hate for someone to have to worry about my trash". I always thought that was so stupid. We would be worry about other things rather than the trash.

Well I caught myself tonight being quirky like her but even worse! I'm leaving to go to Texas on Thursday night for Christmas with my Dad and Cricket. You should see my list of to do before we leave. It's ridiculous. So I started thinking about it and I do this with every trip. I pay all my bills a month in advance before a trip. I clean the entire house, wash my bedding, empty the dishwasher, do all the laundry, stock up on dog food and household supplies. It's ridiculous! And you know why I do it. Because if something would happen to me while I'm gone I'd hate for Darby and Heather to have to worry about all those things while they are trying to straighten out my dying or injuring myself. My God I'm my MOM!!!!

It makes no sense. If I die in a plane crash Darby really isn't gonna care if she has to buy my dog food or empty the dishwasher. She will just do it and take care of everything because that is what she does. But I would hate to make it more work for her so I do it. And I'm stressing out trying to get it all done. It really is a dumb thing to do to myself. But I have a feeling I always will.

And while I type this up I'm wasting time I could be mopping or scrubbing the toilets! Gotta run!!!

Jessie

3 comments:

Natalie said...

If it makes you feel better I like to have my house completely clean before going out of town. It's usually depressing to come home so I like to at least come home to a clean home. LOL!

What did you think of the Biggest Loser winners? I'm so happy, I thought they totally deserved it! They all looked AMAZING! I know I've only lost 15 and have at least 40 to go, but dang...I'm inspired more than ever after this to keep trying.

Don't be a stranger now that this is over. I'll give you encouragement and will keep stopping by. :)

Darby said...

nope...i'm letting it all go to hell if you die in a plane crash.....just kidding jess.....and by the way...you are NOT dying in a plane crash!!! darbis

Sandee said...

I used to do that too. You get older and quit worrying about it. I'd like to add another layer to think about. When you start looking like your mother it gets even scarier. Have a great day. :)