Sunday, July 15, 2007

Pain in the .....

Nothing is ever easy. I repeat NOTHING IS EVER EASY!!!! This morning Heather and I were awakened by the fire alarm going off. It would blare once then stop then awhile later blare once again. This went on for about 45 minutes. I thought maybe it was a rude Louisiana wake up call. But no after some investigation the maintence people were working on the fire alarm system as well as the phone lines. Nice that they do that at the butt crack of dawn. Good old Louisiana...

So after that brutal wake up we decided to shower and get ready for the day. We had big plans for sightseeing, shopping, etc. We had decided that we were going to make this a mini vacation before the baby arrives. Well nothing is ever easy... Heather took her shower and in the process screwed up her neck and back. She was screaming in pain and her neck pretty much looked attached to her shoulder. All of her muscles were tight and she could not lift her head back up off her shoulder... Not a good start to the vacation...

So I called every chiropractor in the phone book and found one 30 miles away that would see her on a Saturday. I took her and it seemed to help for about 10 minutes. I brought her back to the hotel and fed her and iced her and watered her and talked nice to her and put her back to bed for a nap thinking that a miracle would happen while she slept... Not so much! When she woke up she was in more pain than before. So after trying several things I decided to admit defeat and take the girl to the ER.

They gave her some muscle relaxers, pain killers, and a shot for the poison ivy this girl has been fighting for 2 weeks. Now she is higher than a kite and feeling NO pain. I on the other hand have a horrible headache and my stomach is like fire. I think it is stress. This isn't quite the happy, loving, butterflies and beautiful story I was hoping to put in my child's baby book but at least there is a story right....

Jessie

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Wow, what an awful day. When things go south they go all the way. Yikes. :(

Jules said...

Yikes! NEVER go to a chiropractor for neck problems. I already made that mistake once - never again! Glad to hear she's feeling better since this post. Sounds like a muscle spasm.