Friday, July 27, 2007

Resilient

The dictionary defines resilient in the following way. a : capable of withstanding shock without permanent deformation or rupture b : tending to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change.

I love that definition. It describes my sister Heather and I well. We tend to be people that recover from misfortune well and we do tend to withstand shock with no major ruptures. That's just us. And as much as I wish difficult things would stop happening to us I'm thrilled that we are resilient people.

My aunt Adair called me this morning and asked how I was. I said good and she said how can you be good. I reminded her that there are lots of reasons for me to be good. Here are just a few.

1. I have really awesome cute hair! Heather and I stopped at my cousins shop on the way home yesterday to get our hair done. I love it! She did an awesome job and she didn't even yank my eyebrows out like last time. Our motto is "just because you feel like crap doesn't mean you have to look like crap." Big thanks to Sara for helping us look good and feel good!

2. I was able to go grocery shopping today! This is a huge deal. In the last 30 days I've spent 24 of them on the road eating crap. To go to the store and buy healthy food is a blessing!

3. My zinnias are blooming. This made my day. I planted them forever ago and they had gotten very tall but hadn't bloomed yet. When we pulled in the drive yesterday they were blooming.

4. I could feel my mom today. I walked out in the back yard to check the pool today and add chemicals and there was a random sunflower blooming in the backyard. I didn't plant it but it just showed up. Sunflowers are her favorite flower. I just felt like she was saying hi.

5. The farmer's market is tomorrow and I'm going with my wonderful Goddaughter Isabel. Fresh veggies and Isabel always make me happy.

6. Heather isn't able to rent a car because she isn't old enough so she had to take my car and I got the rental that Heather is paying for. I'm driving a red Mazda 3 that is sexy, speedy, and super fun. That has to make a girl happy!

7. My neighbor kids made me an awesome card. It says, "Jessie you are the best neighbor and you will be a bester mom. We missed you and love you and we are praying you find a baby." So I will be a bester mom and they love me. That makes me feel good!

8. God let me wake up this morning!

So I guess what I'm saying is there is always something to be happy about. Being resilient is an awesome thing!!!

Jessie

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Y

Theresa said...

You have a great outlook on life. God is going to bless you with a beautiful baby one day and that baby will be very lucky!! Keep hanging in there!