Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Remember When

Lately I have been remembering a lot of things from when I was a kid.. Things I hadn't thought of in a long time. So here's a little blast from my past.

1. I remember when my dad went to a work conference when I was about 8 or 9 and he called home to visit with us. He told us that the hotel he was staying at didn't have real room keys but had these cards that you slide in the door to open it. I remember being so baffled by that! How could a door not have a real key....

2. I remember when VCR's first came out and you could rent movies in VHS or BETA. VCR's were so expensive and I remember thinking my parents must be rich when we finally got one.

3. Old mobile phones as they called them that were huge! Some were actually those crazy big bag phones. Now I have a phone that is smaller than a wallet.

I don't know what has made me think about some of this stuff. My mind is weird and wondering I suppose...

Jessie

3 comments:

Darby said...

i remember all this too!! and i used to ride my bike to the video store and get movies. and to the alco store which is where blockbuster is!! do you remember it? by the way--love the new site look!!

Sandee said...

Well, I think we all do this from time to time. I remember everything you have talked about here, but I was born in 1951 and could add a lot to your list. Have a great day Jesse. :)

Elroy Day said...

Reaching out to all disabled veterans- The Purple Heart Foundation has started a new training program for those who want to work from home. If you’re interested in the call center world, this training could be for you. To qualify you need to be a disabled veteran (10% rating) and be willing to work hard.
There are opportunities for visually and hearing impaired and quadriplegic veterans. Information can be found on site: www.purpleheartfoundation.org Training is as close to real time classes as possible and you can’t beat the commute.
To all Marines, Navy, Army, Air Force vets- pass the message on. No vet will be left behind!