Sunday, December 30, 2007

Busy Weekend

What a busy weekend! We had Mattie's first birthday party yesterday. Man I love that kid. She tore her cake up. It was pretty dang funny. She may not understand the present piece but she totally gets the cake smushing piece. Makes for great pictures.

After that we headed to our third and final Christmas celebration with my mom's side of the family. We had a great time! Our aunts are so funny. They do so many things that remind me of my mom. Heather and I laughed a lot. They got us some wonderful gifts as usual. Those gals have us figured out.

This year Heather and I sorted through all of my mom's Christmas decorations. Keep in mind between my mom and I there are 2 trees, 13 rubbermaid containers, and 2 large garbage sacks of decorations. Yes that's a lot! So we went through everything and decided what Heather and I wanted, what we thought the aunts might like and what just needed to be retired due to wear and tear. We ended up with a good size tub for the aunts. So we took it yesterday for them to look through. They were pretty dang funny about it! It was hilarious watching them pick through, barter with one another, trade it up, make deals. Funny gals.

I love my family.

Jessie

No comments: