Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Pantry

Well as promised I ended up cleaning out my pantry. It really needed it. I actually ended up doing it last night because I was on a roll and thought I ought to just get it done. What's crazy is it only took me 15 minutes to do! Why did I let it get so bad in the first place. 15 minutes is nothing. I went ahead and took pictures of the nightmare pantry to show you. I am embarrassed that I let it get like this but maybe the embarrassment of showing it to the world will prevent me from doing it again. So here are the pics.... Ridiculous!



Notice the bulging doors. Yes you should be frightened. That is never a good sign!!!




It's dangerous to open. You never know what will fall out. Luckily the box of Cheerios isn't that heavy. I could have ended up with a broken toe if the canned items had fallen out. Hazardous I say!




And here is the pretty pantry after I got done. How nice and neat. Amazing what you find when you clean it out. I have four cans of Bush's Chili Magic so I guess I'm making Chili this week. I also have a bunch of tuna. Good stuff. Several boxes of cereal and a total of 30 boxes of jello. Yes 30! What's crazy is the stuff I threw away. A can of Enchilada sauce that expired in 1997 and a jar of pizza sauce that expired in 2002. Let's not forget the huge jar of cherries that was 2 years old. SCARY!!!

Jessie

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Will you come over and do mine now? Very well done. Have a great day. :)

Stacie said...

1997! Girl - that was 10 years ago! :) (I can't talk - I do the same thing!)