Sunday, September 23, 2007

Success X 2

This is the second Sunday in a row that I've gone to church with NO CRYING! I woke up this morning looking forward to getting ready and going. That is a big change! Again I went to my old church and saw even more people that I hadn't seen in a long time. I got so many hugs and such a nice welcome. The sermon was great and I left feeling really refreshed.

While Pastor was giving the sermon he talked about how when you sit in church and worry about outside things it means that you aren't trusting God to take care of those things for you. That really hit home to me. What is funny about this is about two minutes before he said that my mind was wandering a bit and I was worrying/thinking about all the adoption stuff. I was playing the little mind game of what if the adoption agency is trying to call right now I left my phone in the car, what if I don't get matched, what if I never get a baby, etc. His sermon was a great reminder to me that God is going to provide for me and take care of the adoption for me and I need to trust that. I need to have faith that he is preparing me and preparing a baby to come together. He has it all planned I just need to sit back and wait faithfully. I guess I just needed a little reminder of that this morning.

So it's been a great Sunday and I have a feeling it's going to be a great week!

Jessie

No comments: