Saturday, October 06, 2007

Breakfast

Tomorrow morning I'm going to a brunch and I made this really yummy Blueberry Brunch Cake! Now that it's all done it looks and smells so good. I want to eat it now but I'm going to hold out. Here is the recipe so you all can try it.

Blueberry Brunch Cake

Cake:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons poppy seed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 large egg
1/2 cup sour cream

Filling:
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Glaze:
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon milk

Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, poppy seed, baking powder and salt; set aside.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs and lemon peel, mixing well.
Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
Spread batter in prepared pan, spreading batter 1-inch up sides of pan to hold filling.
Combine filling ingredients and spread over batter
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over warm cake.


I left out the poppy seed just because I'm not a big fan of that. And I also added a small amount of flax seed just because I like to add it to things for additional fiber. But you could mix it up and do what you prefer. All I know for sure is that it looks delicious!

Jessie

No comments: