Sunday, January 06, 2008

Spring...

The last two days it has been in the 50's and 60's here. All the snow has melted and the sun has been shining. It's really nice. The only downside is that my allergies kicked in today. I've got a sore throat and I've been sneezing like crazy. At least when it's 20 degrees out I'm not sneezing while I'm freezing...

After Mattie went home today Darby and I went to the mall for a bit. She is the one that wanted to go but I ended up buying stuff. I found a couple great deals on things for Heather for her birthday so I couldn't pass that up. And I got myself a new pair of jeans and a couple shirts. Somehow I ended up with a credit on my Maurices credit card. So I just used that rather than wait for a check to come in a couple months.

Since I've started my injections for my blood sugar I've lost 10 pounds and gone down two pants sizes. The injections not only help regulate my blood sugar but they also shrink my stomach. So I have to eat really small amounts. I've also been forcing myself to exercise more often. I worked out 5 times this week. Between the injections, the working out, and cooking at home I'm really starting to notice a difference. So the jeans I bought today are pretty tight right now but hopefully they will last a little longer before I have to get another pair. I figure if they are tight now they won't be in two or three weeks.

If I keep up losing at this rate then I should be down about 60 pounds by June. That is amazing to me. Who knew a shot could do so much. I thought I would hate doing the shots but now I feel foolish for waiting so long. It doesn't hurt and I feel so much better on them. Each day my blood sugar is a little lower than the day before. I can't wait till it's in the normal range. I can't even imagine how good I'll feel then...

Jessie

1 comment:

Debbie Smith said...

Isn't my Grand daughter the cutiest
thing in the world.

Grandpa