Friday, January 25, 2008

Regrouping

I think I've gotten regrouped after the newest disaster. I only worked half days at work yesterday and today. That way I would have a little time to myself to rest up, get caught up, and get back to normal. It's been nice to sleep in and do some of the things that make me feel good. I think I'll be able to head back to the office on Monday feeling ready and focused.

This weekend I have to go work an independent living retreat for the older foster kids we serve. It's just Saturday that I have to work so it won't be bad. The kids are usually pretty fun and honestly they pretty much run the meetings and events. I just need to be around to supervise and make sure they don't do anything crazy. They are really a good bunch of kids so that means I don't really have to do much.

Heather is coming home again tomorrow. I'm gonna get spoiled on seeing her every few days now. She wants to make sure I'm okay. Also we have our sister-in-law Amanda's birthday party on Sunday. So she has to come home for cake and ice cream and gifts.

I'm also going to meet with another expectant mother tomorrow evening. I know it's really soon after the last failed match. Only a few days. But I've got to keep pushing forward. So I'm going to the meeting and we will see what happens. What's that saying, God doesn't close a door without opening a window. Maybe this is my window. I wouldn't want to risk not checking out the view.

Jessie

No comments: