Friday, September 01, 2006

Downhill

My mom has really gone downhill. She wasn't able to get out of bed today and she couldn't really talk to us much. She just didn't seem to have the energy. She didn't eat or drink anything and hasn't taken hardly any medication. Hospice doesn't feel like she has very long left.

Heather came home today and Aunt Donna is still here. We have a ton of family coming in tommorow. It will be a packed house. My Dad and Cricket will be here in the morning. That will be nice. I'm ready to see them.

Gotta go to bed now!
Jess

2 comments:

Phelan said...

hugs, I am sorry to hear about your mom. My mother has lupus. It's hard to watch her somedays.

Lots of love to you and your family.

Peg said...

Keeping you in my thoughts...

I lost my mother in 2005 to cancer and I understand where you are coming from.

Say everything you want to say, and spend as much time with her as you can--I know I was fortunate enough to be able to do that with my mom.

Warmly,
~Peggy