Thursday, August 03, 2006

Adoption Day

Today was the coolest day I have ever had at my job! A little girl that has been on my caseload since she was just a little thing was adopted today. She is 3 now and adorable! It was the most amazing thing I've had the opportunity to be a part of. She is the whole reason I've hung in there and waited to take FMLA. I really wanted to be there to see her get a permanent family.

I got her a gift and a gift for her parents. They are amazing people. I'm really going to miss seeing them. We were all saying our goodbyes and exchanging contact info for the future and her mom and I were both crying some. She kept saying "no crying, it's my day." Her entire extended family was there. It was like 30 people and just really awesome to me. I'm adopted and it's the coolest thing in the world. I think it's pretty neat that I had the opportunity to help her get that in her life. So worth the crap I put up with every day at that job. It may take 2 1/2 years to get the pay off but I got it today. I'm a happy girl.

Jessie

No comments: