Saturday, April 21, 2007

Whirlwind

What a crazy whirlwind of a day. I woke up this morning and it was a normal Friday. Oh boy how times can change!!!

I got a call from the adoption agency that did my homestudy. The one in Kansas City. Well it appears that right now they have absolutly NO families waiting for a bi-racial or African American child. They have lots of families waiting for white children but none for the others. So they wondered if I would be interested in being considered. After a brief panic I said yes. And not only did they want me to switch programs they had a birthmom that was interested in hearing about me! Holy crap.

So off to Kansas City Darby and I go. The birthmom ended up not choosing me which is okay but we got lots of information and a whole new packet of paperwork to complete. They seem to think that I could be matched with a baby in a matter of months and at least within the year. Crazy! I had always been told that the wait was way long for domestic adoption. But now it seems to not be the case. So while I was confident in my Ethiopia plan I'm now open to other options. If this is quicker and safer than of course I'm good with it. I just want a baby.

After our meeting Darby and I went to dinner and it was great food. We were halfway home when I realized that I did not have my cell phone. We called the restaurant and they swore it wasn't there. I know it is. So at this point I don't have a cell phone. If you are my friends or family you will have to call me tomorrow after 11 so I can add my number to the new phone I will get in the morning. I have to be on the road to Wichita by 10:30 to meet my own birthmom Karla for a little visit at 1 so crazy crazy here!

I'm honestly so physically and emotionally exhausted now! I've cried and laughed and screamed and freaked out more in one day than I have since the day my mom was diagnosed with cancer. So overwhelming. I'm really an organized person and spontaneous events cause me a bit of stress. CHAOS!!!!

To bed I go
Jessie

5 comments:

Jules said...

Wow, what a crazy few days you've had! How exciting that more options have opened up!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh you did have a crazy week!

Barb said...

Wow! This is great news for you two :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Get some rest. Take care.

Sandee said...

Wow, looks like you are getting closer. Sorry you lost your cell phone in all this other confusion. Not something you needed, but life happens. Good luck and get some rest.