Saturday, April 21, 2007

Whirlwind

What a crazy whirlwind of a day. I woke up this morning and it was a normal Friday. Oh boy how times can change!!!

I got a call from the adoption agency that did my homestudy. The one in Kansas City. Well it appears that right now they have absolutly NO families waiting for a bi-racial or African American child. They have lots of families waiting for white children but none for the others. So they wondered if I would be interested in being considered. After a brief panic I said yes. And not only did they want me to switch programs they had a birthmom that was interested in hearing about me! Holy crap.

So off to Kansas City Darby and I go. The birthmom ended up not choosing me which is okay but we got lots of information and a whole new packet of paperwork to complete. They seem to think that I could be matched with a baby in a matter of months and at least within the year. Crazy! I had always been told that the wait was way long for domestic adoption. But now it seems to not be the case. So while I was confident in my Ethiopia plan I'm now open to other options. If this is quicker and safer than of course I'm good with it. I just want a baby.

After our meeting Darby and I went to dinner and it was great food. We were halfway home when I realized that I did not have my cell phone. We called the restaurant and they swore it wasn't there. I know it is. So at this point I don't have a cell phone. If you are my friends or family you will have to call me tomorrow after 11 so I can add my number to the new phone I will get in the morning. I have to be on the road to Wichita by 10:30 to meet my own birthmom Karla for a little visit at 1 so crazy crazy here!

I'm honestly so physically and emotionally exhausted now! I've cried and laughed and screamed and freaked out more in one day than I have since the day my mom was diagnosed with cancer. So overwhelming. I'm really an organized person and spontaneous events cause me a bit of stress. CHAOS!!!!

To bed I go
Jessie

5 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, what a crazy few days you've had! How exciting that more options have opened up!

Starrlight said...

Oh you did have a crazy week!

Skittles said...

Wow! This is great news for you two :)

Josh said...

Hey, Get some rest. Take care.

Comedy + said...

Wow, looks like you are getting closer. Sorry you lost your cell phone in all this other confusion. Not something you needed, but life happens. Good luck and get some rest.