Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Catch Up

Well I feel as if I need to play catch up. So much is going on right now and I'm having a hard time keeping track of it all... Obviously I haven't blogged in awhile and that is a problem for me. Blogging helps me keep things in perspective, be accountable, and not get so overwhelmed... Obviously by not blogging I'm a bit of a crazy woman right now! Maybe I can get it straightened out today.

Work!

I have so much to get done at the office! We are in the middle of preparing for a huge Federal audit. Federal audits are a big deal and very stressful. So I'm trying to get my own files perfected as well as help everyone else. We are still short staffed I'm stuck doing a lot of things I wouldn't usually be doing. Add my practicum on top of that and I'm feeling as if I live at my office. Not fun right now. But I did have my anniversary at my job so I got my lovely bonus check. By the time taxes were taken out there wasn't much left but hey at least there was a little bit.

School!

My last day of classes is on April 30th! That seems forever away but really it's rapidly approaching. Which means I have a lot of work to get done before the end. I better make a To Do list so I don't forget anything.

Assignment 4 and 5 for my research class.
Final test for my research class.
Online article review for research.
6 workbook assignments for Assessment and Diagnosis.
Learning contract for summer for my practicum class.
Final eval for my practicum class.
Practicum proposal for next year's practicum.

That's a lot to do in the next five days!!!

Adoption!

I've now completed the additional paperwork and classes necessary for a domestic adoption. I had to make a little profile scrapbook thing for my social worker to show potential parents. That is SO intimidating!!! I have sent all of that off to my social worker for her review. She will critique my profile, make some changes and then send it back to me for corrections. Once I make those corrections then I'll get it laminated and bound and I'll mail it back to her. Once she has that then I will officially be waiting to be matched! Yippee!!! They seem to think it could be just a matter of weeks but for sure within the year that I'll be bringing a baby home.

Okay off to work I go!

Jessie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Don't forget to breathe every once in a while!

Sandee said...

Wow, you are busy. I remember working full time and going to school full time too. It was tough, but it's worth the effort.

Sounds like you are making great progress with the adoption. Good luck and I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Chelle / Chel said...

I can't tell you how happy I am for you and the upcoming adoption! That's such great news and each time you talk about it, I cheer for you!

Chelle