Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mission Accomplished

Well the flower bed is done for the most part! I got the dirt hauled, the bulbs planted and 10 bags of mulch in there. I even watered it. I have a bench that I want to put in there but it was to heavy for me to move alone so I'll have to wait for Heather to get home to do that part. But I'm so glad it is done!

I put all bulbs in this bed. That way I won't have to redo it all again, just add to it in the future. I put in Elephant Ears, Cannas, several different kids of Lillies, Phlox, Anemones, Dahlias and Bleeding Hearts. Now I just have to wait for it all to bloom. It should be very pretty.

The neighbor boy is going to water my flowers while I am in Greece. He is such a sweet boy and pretty responsible. He loves it when I give him "jobs". I told him when I was going and said that next weekend we could walk thru it all and I can show him what he needs to do. But the kid is so stinking excited he keeps coming over and asking me when I'm going to "that place" so he can work. He even told me today that he doesn't want to get paid and he would practice tonight. So I let him water the flowers in the front yard while I worked in the back. Funny kid.

I'm thinking I'll probably give him 20 bucks and bring him something cool back from Greece. It's a big job. I'll be gone 8 days and I have lots of flowers. So it will keep him busy for sure.

Over and Out

Jessie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I'm really glad there are people like you in this world who have a bit of a green thumb, because I absolutely hate anything that has to do with lawn & yard work.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandee said...

Wow, you have been busy. Can't wait to see a photograph or two... You are so lucky to be going to Greece too. Sounds like tons of fun.