Thursday, May 24, 2007

Not Looking Good

Well the passport situation is not looking good. I spent most of the day yesterday on the phone with the passport agency and the rest of the day bawling. I had resigned myself to the fact that we wouldn't be going. I went to bed feeling sad but okay about it.

Then this morning Darby called all over the place and finally spoke with a consulate officer in Houston. He said that he could get our passports for us today or tomorrow and overnight them to us. So we tried that route and my hopes went soaring through the roof.

Well tonight when I talked to him he said that he wasn't able to get the passports today. He is going to try again tomorrow. He said that there are lines of hundreds of people in Houston, out in the streets waiting for passports. He said that they officers in the passport facility are not wanting to work with the consulate anymore because it upsets the other people that have waited all day. So he will try again tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath that it will work. I'm just sick about this!!!

We spent thousands of dollars on this trip. This was the one frivolous thing we wanted to do with our inheritance. Now it's looking like it's really frivolous. Heather and Kelci have their passports so they are going no matter what. I'm not letting them lose their money too. Darby and I will have to reschedule it if possible but the dates for that don't look real great either. What a mess, a nightmare, and a disappointment.

Most of all I'm angry. We applied for our passports in February and they told us 6-8 weeks. I thought maybe 10 or 12. Well we are way passed that. This just isn't right. It's amazing to me how easily people get into this country and I can't get the hell out! I'm so mad I'm shaking, my stomach hurts, and I'm broken out in hives.

Jessie

No comments: