Monday, November 27, 2006

Enough

When I pray I always pray for enough. Enough strength, enough faith, enough love, enough of whatever it is that I need to get through the day and be the best person I can be. I pray that the people I care about get enough. We don't really know what we need all the time but enough always works....

Tonight I can't sleep. I'm done with my prayers and I'm stuck on enough and my mom. I wonder if I did enough for her. I wonder if I told her I loved her enough. I can't get the idea out of my head that I didn't do enough.

I replay our last few days together. Our last conversations. Our last holidays and special events. Was it enough... Was I a good enough daughter? I tell myself that God made me enough and guided me enough. But when I can't sleep and I lay there and think I just don't for sure... Is it ever enough...

Jessie

1 comment:

Chelle / Chel said...

Really good thoughts, Jessie. I'm having some mom issues right now ... wondering if I'll ever work through them ...

Chelle