Friday, February 22, 2008

Beef Potpie with Biscuits

I meant to give you all the recipe for the Beef Potpie that I made. But I posted the last post without including it. So here it is.

1-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, cut into 1/2 cubes
2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed (I used organic)
1 large potato, peeled, cooked and diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jar 18 oz beef gravy (I just used two packets of gravy mix and followed those directions)
1/2 t dried thyme
1/4 t pepper
1 tube refrigerated biscuits

In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink, drain. Stir in the veggies, gravy, thyme, and pepper. While I was cooking the beef I was also mixing and cooking the packet gravy.

Transfer to a greased deep dish pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

Place the biscuits in a single layer over the meat mixture. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown.

Very easy and delicious!

Jessie

No comments: