Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Snow Day



We ended up getting another 5 inches of snow last night. It rained all day yesterday and then the snow started around 9:30 last night. So this morning when I woke up there was a lot of beautiful snow on top of quite a bit of ice. Good times!



All the area schools were closed including the university. That never happens. So I ended up having no school. I haven't had a snow day in years! So since I don't have any kids to play with in the snow I took Lena out for a bit. She wasn't quite sure about playing in it. She really doesn't like snow balls but she sure was cute. Now she is hiding under a blanket on the couch trying to get warmed up.



My guess is the snow will melt in the next couple of days. I can't believe how much snow we have gotten so far this year. And who knows how many more snowfalls we will get. This has been one long odd winter. Lucky for me I love snow!

Jessie

4 comments:

Shelia said...

Beautiful shots! What a cute dog.

Happy WW!

stephanie said...

We've had threats of snow and even a couple of hopeful late starts at school, but alas, nothing like your vision! Enjoy it for me, too :)

Melanie said...

Those are some great pictures. I'm so sick of snow though and I'm looking forward to spring.

Our Happy Happenings

Livin' With Me

Wendy said...

Good thing you like snow! We've only had two brief snows here and they melted almost immediately. No snow days for us. :(