Friday, March 30, 2007

Too Much

Today was the day from hell at work! Anything that could go wrong did go wrong. All my cases are just blowing up! I had a mom show up for a visit with her baby and she was so cracked out it wasn't even funny. I had to watch her like a hawk cause I was afraid she would smoke the baby. She had no clue what was going on around her. What is real frightening is that she drove to the visit!

Another one of the kids on my caseload had a visit with their mom today and her mom was an hour late to the two hour visit! RIDICULOUS! I'm spending fortunes and jumping threw all kinds of hoops to get a baby and then there are people out there that just don't care about their kids. Doesn't seem right to me.

In the midst of all my work drama my boss let me know that my old boss and my practicum supervisor for school called. She has liver cancer which she has had for awhile. She had been doing really well. Well now she has taken a big turn for the worse and only has a couple of weeks to live. Another blow I just wasn't emotionally prepared for I guess. So I've been trying to get a hold of my professor at school to find out what I need to do about that as I won't have field supervisor now. What a mess.

I'm going to try to go visit her and her kids next week. Her kids are close to Heather and I's age so we kinda know what they are going through. It's really a sad situation. Life just isn't fair sometimes.

Jessie

No comments: