Sunday, October 08, 2006

Fall Festivities

It's been a really great weekend here. Heather and Shanae are so much fun to have around. They just headed back to school and the house is quiet and a bit lonely now. They are just great girls and FUNNY!!! While I cooked dinner tonight they decorated the yard with the corn shucks and pumpkins. It looks wonderful.

We had a good time at the pumpkin patch. It was way hot though! I don't think we have ever gone there and had it be so warm. Who would think it would be 86 out on pumpkin patch day! Darby, Chris, and Caden went too as did Doreen so we just had a fun group. I ended up getting one huge pumpkin and several normal size ones.

It has been a great weekend but there is also this feeling of sadness that kinda lingers over all fun things. Going to the pumpkin patch was always something Mom and I did together. We both loved Halloween and decorating for fall and we both always wanted to get HUGE pumpkin. So even though I went with a bunch of people I loved I still really just wanted her there. It's odd how you can have fun yet still be sad at the same time. I don't know how to explain it really. It's like the sadness just kinda becomes a part of you in a small way. Really and odd feeling!

Have a good Monday!

Jessie

2 comments:

Jules said...

I love pumpkin carving! We usually do that about a week before Halloween, so they're still good for the trick or treaters to see. I'm sure your Mom is decorating her own right now and smiling down on you. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey sister! This weekend was so much fun! It was hard to come back after such a relaxing fun time. See you Wednesday...oh and just for future reference its Shawnae and Kelci. Love you