Thursday, October 05, 2006

Shocking

Yesterday I about killed myself. It was really bad. I share my office with Becki. Beck is way fun. I really like her. However, she has a thing about overhead lighting. She doesn't allow it. So she has a floor lamp that she uses. But it is still dark on my side of the room. So I found a floor lamp in our storage room. It looked nice. In fact it was Darby's old lamp so I saved it from storage and took it too our office. I plugged it in and the light flickered. So thinking that the light bulb was bad I reached in to take the old one out.

Well Becki asked if I was doing okay over there. She got to about the end of okay and a pain I can't describe began. It was the strangest sensation I've ever had in my life. I could totally feel the electricity going through my body. It started in my fingertips and traveled up my arm and shoulder across my chest and stopped in my heart. I seriously thought I just might die. A little bit of pee even came out! Now I know what people mean when they say their heart hurts. I kept telling Beck my heart hurts and guess what she did. She laughed at me. LAUGHED!

So even though I about died the electric shocking must have done something for the lamp because it works now. So I spent the rest of the day having a pain in my chest and a metallic taste in my mouth but at least I could see to get my work done....

Jessie

2 comments:

PARLANCHEQ said...

Yikes! So now do you just have to leave the light on forever so as to not risk another shock?

Julie said...

OMG!!! That's a crazy story!!!! I'm glad you're ok. Could you imagine...death by lamp? That would be horrible!!!