Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Randomness

Some random things that happened today...

I realized that the PPP Postie Blog Carnival was my 500th post. I just think that is kinda neat!

The deadline to enter the Bestest Blog Carnival is midnight tonight so make sure you head over there to get your submission in.

I got my kitchen and my bathroom painted. I really like the colors Heather and I picked! The kitchen is a gold color which looks great with all the sunflower stuff I have. The bathroom is called "court violet". But basically it is a purple color that I really do like. I wasn't sure at first but now that it's dry I'm digging it. Now I do believe that every room in the house has been painted twice in the past 6 months. Amazing isn't it!

I went to my first weigh in for weight watchers. For my first week I lost 4 pounds!!! I'm very happy about that. I was hungry some this week so I was hoping that was a good sign. Yay Me! That means that I've lost 10 pounds in the month of December which is pretty awesome. Usually I'm gaining in December so that's a big deal for me!

Heather and I went and picked out mom's headstone today. We were dreading it but it really was okay. The guy that helped us was SUPER!!! Seriously one of the nicest men I've met in a long time. He was so good about answering our questions and really went above and beyond. He could do everything we requested which was a lot! We wanted to have this prayer that my mom had written put on the backside of the headstone. He is not only doing that but he is going to do it in her handwriting. How amazing is that!!! I'm so happy about that. I love how she wrote. So mission accomplished. If you ever need a headstone I would totally recommend East Central Monuments in Lebo Kansas, ask for Keith. Very nice man and a totally great price!!! We had budgeted out 3-5,000 for this and it ended up being less that 2000.00 so that rocks. We even got a discount because we paid in full today. Bargain shoppers. Mom would be so proud. :-)

Okay I'm going to bed.

Jessie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i couldnt post on WW so I am posting down here. What a great picture..thanks for sharing with us

Jules said...

Great job with the weigh in! WOO HOO!!!! I'm so proud of you!